The Premier League and the Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) are pleased to announce a new initiative that will give groundstaff at all Premier League Clubs access to the wide range of services and benefits provided by the IOG.
The arrangements will mean that all groundstaff employed by Premier League Clubs will have unrestricted access to the benefits which membership of the IOG brings. These include:
• Membership of the UK’s leading professional body for sports turf management
• Membership discounts on training and education
• Access to the IOG iCampus (the IOG’s innovative virtual learning environment)
• Discount on IOG event attendance, such as the IOG annual Conference and Awards, and other IOG-branded events
• Access to IOG technical library (which can be accessed online)
• Career advice / guidance
• Legal helpline
• Discount for IOG Turfcare Advisory Service
• A copy of the monthly IOG magazine ’The Groundsman’.
Commenting on the initiative, the Premier League’s Director of Football, Mike Foster said: “Premier League groundstaff provide the perfect stage on which the Premier League’s array of star players can display their skills. The playing surfaces in England are rightly regarded as being amongst the best in the world and groundstaff work incredibly hard in order to achieve this quality of pitch. By joining forces with the IOG, all groundstaff will be in a position to take advantage of the vast range of IOG resources that will not only help them maintain playing surfaces to the highest standard but give themselves the opportunity to further develop their own skills and employment prospects. Truly a win, win, win situation!”